Print Specialist IV
Prepares and operates multi-color heavy offset presses; operates other presses; acts as lead operator.
- Sets up, operates, and maintains heavy offset printing presses; operates other presses; follows printing order specifications and records project status; programs and monitors console and press functions.
- Establishes ink and water balances; mixes, fills and maintains ink fountains; maintains quality control of printing; keeps even color while press is running.
- Obtains and mounts job order plates in assigned sequence.
- Removes and cleans plates and cylinders at end of run.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Acts as lead person in operations; may assign duties; provides technical guidance and assistance to designated personnel.
- May perform minor repairs and adjustments of presses.
- May consult with clients on adjustments; may make recommendations on colors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and six years experience in field or completion of trade school or apprenticeship plus five years experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
Skilled Craft (non-supervisory)