Print Assistant II
Performs technical tasks involving stripping and mounting of negatives, plate making, photography, typesetting, offset printing, and light reproduction equipment. Assists with the review of layouts and negatives.
- Strips and mounts negatives. Examines negatives for defects and errors in original material and makes necessary corrections.
- Makes plates for single color and multicolor presses. Directs press operators and discusses the more complicated jobs.
- Performs basic camera work involving positives, negatives, balloons, and enlargements/reductions. Photographs camera-ready materials and develops film using developing chemicals or automated developers.
- Receives rough copy, develops format, adjusts typesetting machine, and sets type from rough copy.
- Sets up, operates, and maintains a light press or other light duplication equipment; follows printing order specifications; records project status.
- Assists with the review of layouts and negatives to ensure alignment in accordance with specifications.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and six months related experience or completion of trade school or apprenticeship. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
Skilled Craft (non-supervisory)