Print Assistant I
Performs routine print shop tasks related to film processing, bookbinding, and page layout. Assists with technical print shop assignments such as offset printing, negative stripping, and mounting.
- Processes both color and black and white film. Mixes chemicals for film developing and printing. Operates photographic equipment.
- Performs light/heavy binding involving trimming, folding, sewing, stapling, gluing, perforating, and padding.
- Lays out and designs camera-ready materials and performs other routine paste-up artist duties.
- Assists in the operation of a light press involving routine printing assignments; examines job orders, quantity to be printed, and stock specifications.
- Assists in the routine stripping and mounting of negatives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree or completion of trade school or apprenticeship. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
Skilled Craft (non-supervisory)