Principal Development Officer
Functions as a senior member of an Advancement Unit. Provides direction and guidance in the day-to-day involvement and major fundraising initiatives.
- Develops and continuously revises the university’s strategies to raise money and work with donors.
- Provides oversight of expenditures and/or obligations of financial resources of the college or department, including post award oversight of sponsored research programs.
- Assists in preparing strategy, design, and execution of the overall university fund raising effort.
- Assists in designing fund raising strategy, developing programs, and working with other development office staff in the planning and execution of gift solicitation.
- Directs administrative implementation of fund raising and procedures.
- Prepares and/or reviews non-research contracts.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree in accounting, business management or equivalent and eight years experience in finance/accounting.