Police Specialist I
Patrols assigned area to enforce laws and university policies, regulate traffic, control crowds, prevent crime, and arrest violators.
- Patrols assigned areas on foot or in a police car to detect crime and arrest violators.
- Regulates pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Apprehends, arrests, and files charges on suspects when required.
- Prepares and presents testimony in court concerning traffic violations, burglaries and other offenses.
- Provides security for special university events when needed.
- Investigates traffic accidents and files preliminary accident reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree with valid Tennessee driver’s license. Possess current and verifiable certification as a Police Officer in Tennessee, or able to obtain certification within six months. Previous law enforcement experience preferred.