Supervises and performs specialized duties requiring investigation of alleged or actual crime and violations of laws, rules, and regulations. Interrogates witnesses, suspects, and victims. Apprehends, arrests, and files charges on suspects as required. Prepares detailed reports; reviews other reports to ensure accuracy. Provides work direction to designated personnel.
- Supervises and participates in the investigation of alleged and actual offenses and violations by interviewing employees and investigating reports of misconduct; prepares reports on findings of investigations.
- Reviews police officer reports to ensure the recording of proper and accurate information.
- Interrogates witnesses, suspects, and victims to develop evidence and secure information to be used in investigation and in court of University proceedings; prepares and presents testimony in court concerning violations and offenses.
- Apprehends, arrests, and files charges on suspects when appropriate.
- Maintains liaison with area law enforcement agencies to foster cooperation in the resolution of special problems.
- Assists in the administration of personnel functions and assumes the duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in his/her absence; assists in training programs for officers.
- May coordinate crime prevention activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree or equivalent. Must be able to certify as officer and qualify with firearm, plus five years of experience in law enforcement.