Media Specialist II
Performs advanced technical media tasks associated with one or more of the following activities: photography, radio, television, audio-visual production, electronic media, and exhibit preparation.
- Designs, creates, and updates educational audio and video materials.
- Consults with faculty, staff, researchers, and students on design and production of media services.
- Provides post-production services to complete the assigned projects.
- Edits finalizes, and distributes work products.
- Completes projects within the necessary time frame
- Manages web page content.
- Works with faculty, residents, and staff to draft, edit, and upload web page content.
- Researches, recommends, purchases, installs, operates, and maintains equipment and software:
- Maintains necessary inventory of media equipment, supplies, and AV media.
- Picks up and delivers equipment and supplies.
- Creates specialized graphics, animation, audio, and video for inclusion in resident and faculty lectures, posters, or promotional brochures.
- Performs administrative and financial responsibilities:
- Interacts with other media-related positions to accomplish objectives.
- Maintains appropriate documentation for purchases.
- Trains support staff and other equipment users to budgetary restrictions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and six years experience or completion of specialized training plus three years experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.