Library Supervisor II
Supervises and coordinates the activities of a complex or specialized unit.
- Supervises, makes work assignments, and provides guidance to employees in a specialized unit such as periodicals and reference.
- Performs complex searches for library materials; instructs patrons on use of library resources and equipment.
- Meets with other unit heads and/or department heads to discuss policies and procedures; recommends changes in policy to department head.
- Plans and conducts meetings with employees to ensure compliance with established practices; implements new policies and keeps employees abreast of current changes in information systems.
- Prepares budget recommendations stating needs and objectives for the coming fiscal year; outlines new programs and equipment needs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and one to two years library experience. Knowledge of library service areas such as periodicals or reference. Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles, techniques, and automated library functions.