Library Associate II
Performs clerical functions and library assignments in the investigation, acquisition, cataloging, circulation, and maintenance of library materials. May provide work direction to designated personnel.
- Assists in identifying and locating federal government documents. Receives, claims, and maintains federal government documents in accordance with guidelines for depository libraries; maintains files and records.
- Records receipt of non-periodical serials; records invoice and payment information for periodicals and non-periodicals; initiates correspondence and telephone calls to solve related problems for the serials department.
- Reviews and solves complex bibliographic identification problems; searches series; coordinates the acquisition of out-of-print materials for the monographs department.
- Supervises and participates in receiving and checking in of monographic library materials and solves related problems.
- Supervises and participates in the activities of the discharge room and solves related problems.
- Performs technical processing procedures; maintains card catalog and shelf list; assists patrons in a branch library.
- Provides reference assistance and instructs patrons on use of library resources and equipment.
- Selects materials and coordinates their transmission to the bindery and back into the library system for a branch library.
- Maintains statistical data and prepares reports.
- May make work assignments and review the work of designated personnel; may provide training, technical assistance, and guidance to designated personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree with two to three years library experience.