Provides daily management of a library including resources, people, and programs. Ensures the facility is staffed and the program meets the needs of faculty and students.
- Provides comprehensive reference assistance and bibliographic instruction to students and faculty.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff and student employees.
- Plans, schedules, and organizes work activities to meet the library’s goals and objectives.
- Provides technical assistance for users and staff.
- Monitors physical condition of facility, collection, and equipment.
- Reviews and negotiates requests for exceptions to library policies; resolves patron
- problems and complaints.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of library website.
- Selects and manages collections.
- Maintains records and collects and compiles statistics and produces reports regarding use of services.
- Prepares and monitors budgets for the library.
- Performs other related duties as required.
ALA-accredited master’s degree with ten years of library experience including three years of supervisory experience.
Comprehensive knowledge of library reference, instructional, and computer services.
Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles, techniques. Knowledge of automated library functions.
Ability to set priorities and to handle several different tasks simultaneously.