Legal Specialist II
Provides assistance in the preparation of legal documents. May supervise designated personnel.
- Takes and transcribes dictation for the drafting of a variety of correspondences and legal documents including resolutions, ordinances, legal opinions, contracts, and briefs, leases and agreements; prepare deeds, complaints, other pleadings and general correspondence from copy or rough draft.
- Compiles and assembles various legal materials from files and other sources for university use in providing legal assistance and in the preparation of other legal documents and opinions.
- Prepares preliminary drafts of legal forms for review and finalization by supervising attorney.
- Drafts and negotiates and/or reviews a wide variety of contracts and documents to assure legal goals are met.
- Provides administrative services to the department, including handling the department-filing system, opening files, record keeping, filing, and closing files.
- May supervise designated personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Paralegal degree and four-five years of legal experience.