Information Specialist III
Provides complex professional creative writing, editing, presentation and/or production development for University media activities; designs and maintains electronic communication media; may supervise the work of designated personnel.
- Writes original material for publication.
- Selects subject matter based on personal interest or receives specific assignment from publisher.
- Conducts research and makes notes to retain ideas, develop factual information, and obtain authentic detail.
- Organizes material and plans arrangement or outline.
- Drafts, reviews, revises and corrects manuscripts, then submits for publication.
- Plans and conducts public relations program designed for the university.
- Plans and directs development and communication of information designed to keep public informed of employer’s programs, accomplishments, or point of view.
- Arranges for public relations efforts in order to meet needs, objectives, and policies of university.
- May research data, create ideas, write copy, lay out artwork, contact media representatives, or represent employer directly before general public.
- May specialize in one or more styles or types of writing.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and seven-eight years experience in field. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.