Information Specialist I
Provides professional creative writing, editing, presentation and/or production development for university media activities; may design and maintain electronic communication media.
- Writes original material for publication.
- Selects subject matter based on personal interest or receives specific assignment from publisher.
- Conducts research and makes notes to retain ideas, develop factual information, and obtain authentic detail.
- Organizes material and plans arrangement or outline.
- Develops factors, such as theme, plot, order, characterization, and story line.
- Writes draft of manuscript.
- Reviews, revises, and corrects it and submits material for publication.
- Confers with publisher’s representative regarding manuscript changes.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and five-six years experience in field. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.