Responsible for ensuring safe conditions for the University community.
- Conducts health programs at the university to recognize, eliminate, and control occupational health hazards and diseases.
- Collects samples of dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
- Investigates adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions which may affect employee health, comfort, or efficiency.
- Conducts evaluations of exposure to ionizing and non ionizing radiation and to noise, and recommends measures to ensure maximum employee protection.
- Collaborates with other like professionals to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions and equipment.
- Prepares reports including observations, analysis of contaminants, and recommendations for control and correction of hazards.
- Participates in educational meetings to instruct employees in matters pertaining to occupational health and prevention of accidents.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree, certified Industrial Hygienist, and five-six years experience.