Provides and oversees the landscaping of a campus. May provide guidance and direction to designated personnel.
- Performs duties involved in the preparation and maintenance of plants to include preparation of soils, planting, propagating, pruning, and spraying as required.
- Assists in maintaining records such as plant collection, seed inventory, plant propagation, pesticide application, and equipment maintenance to include updating information, labeling plants and plant classification; prepares accurate labels from listings furnished by horticulturists, botanists and other sources to include library research.
- Sprays trees, shrubs, plants, and lawns with chemicals to treat disease and eliminate pests; maintains special cultural requirements in trail grounds and specialized herbaceous plantings.
- Confers with faculty, students, and research personnel to determine planting needs, resolve special problems and provide technical knowledge and assistance.
- Operates and maintains a variety of mechanical equipment to include trucks, tractors, and specialized garden tools required to maintain botanical specimens.
- Recommends methods for increased efficiency and cost reduction; assists in the planning and implementation of new and improved methods and procedures in all phases of plant maintenance.
- Assists in training employees.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and four-five years experience in horticulture or related field.