Oversees an athletic sport or unit within the athletic program. Recruits athletes, motivates and prepares athletes for competition, and oversees the daily management. Position manages and directs entire team program.
- Analyzes performance and instructs players in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition.
- Observes players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement.
- Coaches players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
- Oversees daily practice of players to instruct them in areas of deficiency.
- Determines strategy during game, independently or in conference with others based on factors as weakness in opposing team.
- Recruits athletes.
- Hires personnel.
- Manages and coordinates all team activities for all coaches, assistants, and students.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree and five-ten years experience as a coach.