Provides unit-wide support in the planning, management, supervision of staff and operation of a unit within the university. May have responsibility for a specific function or functions of a unit. Provides guidance and direction to designated personnel.
- Develops plans to ensure goals of assigned areas are met.
- Plans and prioritizes work.
- Prepares schedule for the department.
- Delegates assignments to supervisors and checks progress.
- Ensures all financial resources are utilized effectively.
- Monitors expenses against budget.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Supervises staff of a unit.
- Makes hiring, terminating, and promotion recommendations.
- Provides input into performance evaluations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate orientation and training.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and six-seven years of related managerial experience.
Executive & Managerial