Financial Aid Advisor
Provides guidance and advice to students and parents concerning financial aid assistance.
- Meets with and counsels students, parents, and others to explain and discuss the details of the financial aid application and awarding processes, the laws and regulations governing the eligibility for and availability of federal, state, institutional, and other relevant aid programs.
- Utilizes and updates a database and processes applications for financial aid received from students.
- Determines eligibility for federal, state, university, and other aid programs in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, guidelines, and other governing criteria;
- Develops and formulates appropriate aid packages for students
- Formulates, produces and distributes financial aid award notifications and ensures that the financial aid that has been awarded is appropriately disbursed and credited to the students’ accounts.
- Develops and gathers appropriate materials, organizes, and helps present student financial aid outreach programs for students and their parents.
- Accomplishes required verification of the accuracy of financial data and other detailed information submitted by students and families.
- Reviews each student aid recipient’s academic performance and determines whether academic progress is being achieved.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and two-three years of experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong customer service skills and experience.