Extension Specialist III
Provides leadership for planning, implementing, and evaluating statewide educational programs in an assigned subject matter.
- Provides current, research-based subject matter information and educational training.
- Authors publications for public distribution to support the educational programs.
- Plans and conducts district and statewide events.
- Determines purchases and expenditures including equipment, supplies, and travel.
- Oversees distribution and monitoring of grant monies.
- Recommends policies and procedures for implementation.
- Conducts needs assessment and environmental scanning.
- Teaches in-service training for agents and multi-county programs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree in the discipline but an earned doctorate is preferred. Requires eight years of experience meeting the criteria for Extension Specialist II (six with an earned doctorate).