Extension Specialist II
Provides leadership for planning, implementing, and evaluating statewide educational programs in an assigned subject matter.
- Provides current, research-based subject matter information and educational training.
- Authors publications for public distribution to support the educational programs.
- Plans and conducts district and statewide events.
- Determines purchases and expenditures including equipment, supplies, and travel.
- Oversees distribution and monitoring of grant monies.
- Recommends policies and procedures for implementation.
- Conducts needs assessment and environmental scanning.
- Teaches in-service training for agents and multi-county programs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree in the discipline but an earned doctorate is preferred. Requires six years of experience meeting the criteria for Extension Specialist I (four with an earned doctorate).