Extension Specialist I
Provides leadership for planning, implementing, and evaluating statewide educational programs in an assigned subject matter.
- Provides current, research-based subject matter information and educational training.
- Authors publications for public distribution to support the educational programs.
- Plans and conducts district and statewide events.
- Determines purchases and expenditures including equipment, supplies, and travel.
- Oversees distribution and monitoring of grant monies.
- Recommends policies and procedures for implementation.
- Conducts needs assessment and environmental scanning.
- Teaches in-service training for agents and multi-county programs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Masters degree in the appropriate discipline or substantial work experience which demonstrates promise in teaching with five years work experience without an earned doctorate.