Extension District Director
Responsible to the Dean of the University of Tennessee Extension for providing visionary and innovative leadership, direction, guidance, supervision, management, and administration for Extension programs and personnel.
- Provides in-service training opportunities to extension program leaders and county directors.
- Administers programs and activities of the district.
- Coordinates district and county staffing and provides a liaison with county officials relative to personnel, finance, and operation of county extension programs.
- Implements the EEO and Affirmative Action programs.
- Initiates enforcement of all personnel and fiscal policies within the district.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s and master’s degree in agriculture, family and consumer sciences, or closely related field of study with 10 years experience. Extension leadership experience is preferred.