Manages the production activities of television/radio and/or other media.
- Plans and coordinates various aspects of radio or television programs.
- Interviews and selects writers.
- Outlines program to be produced and evaluates finished script.
- Composes or edits program script to meet management or other requirements.
- Coordinates various aspects of production, such as audio work, scenes, music, timing, camera work, and script writing.
- Gives instructions to staff to schedule broadcast and to develop projects.
- Reviews production to ensure objectives are attained.
- Views taped program to select scenes to be used for promotional purposes, using video equipment.
- Listens to audio tape recording to verify program, script, or sound effects conform to broadcast standards, using audio equipment.
- May obtain costumes, props, music, or other equipment or personnel to complete production.
- May represent television network, acting as liaison to independent producer of television series produced for network broadcast.
- May review budget and expenditures.
- May coordinate production details to produce live television programs from locations distant from station.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.