Oversees the publication of books, manuscripts, journals and other papers including electronic publications; directs design and production activities; may supervise others.
- Prepares written material for publication.
- Writes and edits material to conform to publication style and publisher guidelines.
- Proofreads manuscripts of a highly technical, medical, scientific, or legal nature.
- Administers all functions of the editorial office
- Coordinates the ordering and distribution of reprints
- Coordinates all copyright releases.
- Ensures the completion of manuscript production according to established deadlines.
- Confers and coordinates with authors, publishers, designers, and photographers.
- Assigns projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Trains employees or student workers in appropriate methods and procedures using good training techniques.
- Secures, selects, and coordinates publication of manuscripts in book form.
- Reviews submitted manuscript.
- Coordinates design and production activities for final draft of publication.
- May assign and supervise editorial staff.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and six years of writing and editing experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.