Director and Associate Provost
Plans, implements, and directs administrative, educational, and technical activities of a large unit to include budget, personnel, strategic planning, and staffing. Responsible for major organizational issues for a campus or unit. This unit may consist of one or more related or unrelated areas.
- Develops goals and objectives for the department based on policy and goals; plans to achieve goals or establish priorities.
- Analyzes long-range impact of decisions and plans.
- Ensures the most effective operations of the department through program development, process improvement and coordination/integration of processes with other departments.
- Plans, coordinates, and controls the work and procedures; provides advice/consultation to staff regarding problems.
- Participates on departmental and/or interdepartmental committees to address problems and facilitate information exchange about programs, problems, etc. Provides information to others to explain/clarify problems, issues or requests.
- Participates in management meetings to keep top management informed of problems and concerns.
- Prepares an annual operating budget for a unit or department, including direct labor, material and supplies, services, equipment maintenance and replacement;
- Presents and justifies a proposed budget, operating and capital expenditure, to a management review committee.
- Prepares justification or develops alternatives for cost containment/reduction.
- Establishes service standards for the department and determines if service standards are compatible with financial targets.
- Develops academic policies and programs for a college or university.
- Directs and coordinates activities of deans and chairpersons of individual colleges.
- Participates in activities of faculty committees and in development of academic budget.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Doctorate and eight-nine years of experience.
Executive & Managerial