Performs security duties requiring thorough and intensive investigation of alleged or actual crimes and violations of laws, rules, or regulations. Apprehends, arrests, and files charges on suspects when appropriate. Writes detailed incident reports.
- Investigates alleged, suspected, or actual criminal offenses and violations of laws, rules and regulations.
- Detects and gathers physical evidence of alleged crimes or violations.
- Locates and interrogates witnesses, suspects, and victims to develop evidence and secure information to be used in the investigation and to present in court or University proceeding.
- Apprehends, arrests and files charges on suspects when appropriate.
- Prepares periodic progress reports, case determination reports and other related reports.
- Maintains liaison with area law enforcement agencies to foster cooperation for the resolution of special problems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree or equivalent. Must be able to certify as officer and qualify with firearm, plus three years of experience in law enforcement.