Dean and Professor
Oversees an academic department within the university. Engages in teaching, research, and public service.
- Develops, directs and coordinates activities of an academic unit; directs staff in providing guidance and assistance to student groups and committees on organizational, business, leadership and financial matters; ensures compliance with applicable federal and state laws and with university policies and regulations.
- Directs selected cultural programs to include establishing artistic direction, selecting artists, negotiating contracts, raising funds, budgeting, scheduling and other related aspects.
- Advises the Board, Executive, and Financial committees of the university, faculty, and staff to confirm and enhance its mission through effective long and short-term planning.
- Maintains liaison with various university departments and community and regional organizations and agencies to coordinate and promote programming; serves on various internal and external committees as appropriate.
- Determines fiscal requirements and prepares budgetary recommendations; monitors, verifies and reconciles expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Directs various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
- Oversees the preparation of regular and special reports, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Engages in teaching, research, and public service.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Doctorate and ten-eleven years of experience.
Executive & Managerial