Data Control Specialist
Coordinates the maintenance of complex data bases and the computer processing of data in a mainframe environment.
- Maintains complex and integrated database systems; updates databases and deletes files as requested.
- Writes the job control language (JCL) for computer programs; submits computer programs to be run on University databases as requested by departments.
- Coordinates schedule of computer projects with supervisors, programming staff, and departments.
- Checks output for errors; corrects errors or consults with programmers, users, or supervisors to correct errors.
- Operates printers; ensures output is sorted and bound correctly; distributes output to department/user.
- Updates program documentation; maintains files of JCL used.
- Maintains time logs.
- Supervises designated personnel
- Performs other related duties as required.
Associate degree or an equivalent combination of training, education, knowledge, and experience. A minimum of one year directly related experience.