Coordinates and expedites construction projects.
- Coordinates and expedites the work performed by the crafts during construction projects. Meets with estimators and drafters to ensure the plans are completed and a materials list is developed; ensures the necessary paperwork to begin and complete the project is completed.
- Meets with shop heads to schedule the various shops for the project and follows up to ensure the project remains on schedule.
- Oversees the development of the bid specifications and completion of the paperwork, should the project require an outside contractor. Ensures the proper contract materials are ordered and stocked for the project. Oversees, inspects, and signs off on work performed by the contractor. Approves the payment for the vendors and contractors.
- Functions as a liaison with the contracting unit to resolve problems and address concerns of the contracting departments.
- Coordinates the campus’ contract with outside vendors who have contracts to provide services to include but not limited to painting, carpeting, roofing, and/or asbestos abatement.
- Inspects projects in various stages of completion and notes problems.
- Documents that appropriate shop corrects the problems. Approves completed projects and signs off on project.
- Documents the renovations and new construction are in compliance with all applicable building codes to include but not limited to safety, fire, electrical, plumbing, and structural. Documents the projects meet the standards for accessibility as set forth in the Americans With Disabilities legislation.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and eleven years experience or completion of trade school or apprenticeship plus eight years experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
Skilled Craft (non-supervisory)