Performs seamstress duties required to ensure costumes are provided for University theatrical productions.
- Assists costume designer in the design and fitting of costumes to performers; performs duties such as patterning, cutting, sewing, fitting, painting, distressing, and pressing.
- Performs special costuming duties to include wig dressing, hat making, corsetry, leather crafting, shoe making, dyeing, jewelry making, fiberglass and celastic construction.
- Provides technical guidance and direction to student learners in constructing, sewing, and maintaining costumes and in applying theatrical makeup.
- Maintains inventory of costumes and related accessories; ensures cleaning and mending of costumes as necessary; ensures necessary maintenance on sewing machines and other equipment.
- Maintains inventory of costume shop supplies.
- Provides technical guidance to wardrobe “running crews.”
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and two years experience or completion of trade school or apprenticeship. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
Skilled Craft (non-supervisory)