Communications Coordinator II
Coordinates and performs complex communication tasks including one or more of the following activities: writing, editing, proof-reading, graphic design, lay-out, and written and electronic materials presentation development. Provides guidance to designated personnel.
- Plans and develops publication programs for a department, school, or the university.
- Analyzes and interprets the requirements for the design and production of a wide range of publications that meet the development, public relations and recruitment needs.
- Consults with clients and assess their needs, ensuring design specifications meet specific budget restrictions and deadlines; establishes priorities as required.
- Researches and analyzes appropriate background materials to advise clients and to provide an accurate final design.
- Determines and prepares graphics specifications in accordance with budgetary limitations.
- Participates in the long-range planning of the university’s publications programs.
- Works independently on a project-by-project basis to fulfill internal guidelines.
- Analyzes and select proper paper, ink, type, font, illustrations and printing techniques.
- Evaluates other illustrative material regarding space allocation to determine most effective layout.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and seven years experience in field or completion of specialized training plus four years experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.