Communications Assistant III
Participates in editing, proofreading and preparation of materials for publication and/or distribution including some graphic design.
- Performs editing and proofreading tasks for a wide variety of printed publications to include books, technical and non-technical journals, handbooks and pamphlets.
- Edits manuscripts critically as to consistency, clarities format and grammar.
- Utilizes style guides to ensure conformance with established standards.
- Edits indexes; proofread galley proofs and make necessary corrections.
- Prepares summaries of books; prepare editorial copy and layout for advertisements, catalogues, brochures, and book jackets.
- Maintains interface with authors and editors to resolve problems and to coordinate reviews of published manuscripts.
- Prepares related correspondence.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and three years experience in field or completion of specialized training. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.