Oversees flight operation and pilots the university plane.
- Directs operation of flight department of airline.
- Conducts indoctrination training for new pilots and refresher training for experienced pilots.
- Reviews reports on pilot performance and forwards reports to Federal Aviation Administration.
- Discusses operational and personal problems with subordinates to improve efficiency.
- Studies technical manuals of airplane and equipment manufacturers and government regulations affecting flight operations to ensure that university training manuals adhere to legal requirements and are adapted to type of aircraft in use.
- Accompanies flights to observe performance of pilots.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Commercial pilot’s certificate issued by Federal Aviation Administration and
experience flying planes and supervising pilots.