Chief of Police
Directs, oversees, and manages the campus’/institute’s police department; ensures the staff is properly trained and functions according to guidelines; meets with University officials, student leaders, and community leaders to resolve problems and ensures a safe environment; meets with local law enforcement personnel to ensure a coordinated policing program; provides work direction to designated personnel.
- Formulates and establishes departmental policies and procedures for the police department.
- Supervises and evaluates departmental personnel.
- Prepares reports pertaining to criminal and other activities.
- Maintain departmental relations with other departments, campuses, and officials within and outside the University.
- Functions as liaison with local, state and federal law enforcement officials.
- Decides on hiring, promotions, and terminations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Must be able to certify as officer and qualify with firearm, plus twelve years of experience.