Athletics Trainer III
Oversees a sport training activity while working under the guidance of the head trainer. Provides guidance and direction to designated personnel.
- Supervises the treatment of athletic injuries using appropriate medical protocols.
- Assists with establishing or modifying testing standards of practice for specific patient/athlete groups.
- Formulates functional treatment for student athlete.
- Provides therapeutic interventions for identified objectives/goals.
- Modifies the treatment plan if athlete is not deriving benefit.
- Informs patient/athlete, family, and members of team of the patient’s needs based upon the assessment and/or treatment.
- Makes recommendations for continued services to athletes.
- Provides education/consultation to others.
- Communicates importance of preventative care to avoid injury or reinjury.
- Plans and presents educational programs to assist team/development with perceived needs.
- Supervises athletic trainers and student assistants.
- Takes a lead position in ensuring the work of the team continues to progress.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree and three-four years experience.