Assists the University Registrar in the oversight of the student academic records. Provides day-to-day management of one or more sub-units. Supervises and manages the staff, resources, and operations.
- Manages the production of official state reports for THEC to determine funding for the University.
- Provides statistical reports to the University for their use in producing reports for enrollment management decisions, to produce state, federal, and departmental reports.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of the University Registrar’s website; corrects and updates student ID and social security numbers.
- Assists the university Registrar in educating the campus community about best practices for complying with FERPA regulations.
- Manages the student records system to include updating and maintaining student data in the various student databases, scheduling all the computer jobs required to collect and update end-of-term grades, planning and scheduling all programs required to maintain the databases, and enforce quality control measures to ensure data accuracy.
- Solves technical problems during times of peak system activity such as during grade processing.
- Schedules all computer jobs required to collect data; plans and schedules all programs required to maintain the database which produces official transcripts.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree plus four-five years of experience. Strong administrative, supervision, and communications skills.