Functions in conjunction with the director in the overall management of a unit within the university. May have responsibilities for the daily management and oversight of a specific function or sub-unit. Provides guidance and direction to designated personnel.
- Supervises, coordinates and participates in activities involved in the unit’s activities. Utilizes established university admissions standards, guidelines and criteria. Submits evaluations and recommendations to director for approval.
- Maintains liaison with deans and department heads concerning their respective academic areas.
- Supervises assigned staff, monitors performance and recommends various personnel actions including but not limited to, hiring, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers and vacations schedules; trains new staff in appropriate recruitment policy.
- Monitors expenditure of assigned funds for travel and special programs in assigned area.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree and five-six years of managerial experience.
Executive & Managerial