Functions in conjunction with the dean in the management of a department within the university. May have responsibility for the day-to-day management of a specific function or sub-unit. Provides guidance and direction to designated personnel.
- Directs and coordinates budget preparation and administration for the university.
- Analyzes and prepares materials for forecast; consults with departments on needs and limitations; prepares and distributes budget information to departments; runs trial budgets.
- Reviews and analyzes departmental organizational and operational responsibilities and needs; makes recommendations to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of administrative support activities.
- Analyzes policy decisions to determine short term and long range financial and organizational implications and prepares related reports reflecting recommendations and conclusions.
- Assists departments in preparing annual budget recommendations to include salaried and non-salaried items.
- Monitors budgets to include faculty, staff and biweekly salaried and non-salaried items; reviews and approves budgeted actions; analyzes and prepares recommendations to the Dean on non-budgeted actions.
- Ensures compliance with established budgets and operational plans; investigates variances and recommend solutions.
- Makes work assignments and reviews work of designated office employees.
- Advises and directs departmental administrative personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Doctorate and six-seven years of experience.
Executive & Managerial