Associate Athletics Director
Functions in conjunction with the director in the overall management of a major university athletic program including: planning, implementing and directing all administrative activities, budgeting, hiring coaches, strategic planning, monitoring sports programs, development and staffing.
- Plans, administers, and directs intercollegiate athletic activities in college or university.
- Interprets and participates in formulating extramural athletic policies.
- Employs and discharges coaching staff and other department employees on own initiative or at direction of board in charge of athletics.
- Directs preparation and dissemination of publicity to promote athletic events.
- Plans and coordinates activities of coaching staff.
- Prepares budget and authorizes department expenditures.
- Plans and schedules sports events.
- Oversees ticket sales activities.
- Certifies reports of income produced from ticket sales.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree and 12 years athletic management experience.