Assists the librarian in managing the daily activities of the library. Oversees a major unit of the library and supervises designated personnel. Develops and maintains budgets. May function for librarian in his/her absence.
- May perform original or advanced cataloging.
- Resolves complex library-wide bibliographic and circulation problems.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff and student employees.
- Recommends the selection/de-selection of materials.
- Provides reference assistance.
- Conducts user instruction sessions.
- Resolves patron problems and complaints.
- Assists with preparation and monitoring of budgets for the library.
- Coordinates complex projects.
- May create and maintain library website.
- Performs other related duties as required.
ALA-accredited master’s degree.
Knowledge of reference, instructional, and computer services.
Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles, and techniques.
Knowledge of standard cataloging practices.
Knowledge of research strategies, resources, and services.
Knowledge of library policies and procedures.