Assists the academic dean in the oversight of an academic department at the university.
- Conducts staff meetings to develop resolutions to problems and plans to achieve goals or establish priorities.
- Participates in sessions with staff or consultants to address problems or issues.
- Represents a senior official of the institution at conferences, meetings or on an individual basis to expedite communications and solve problems.
- Works with staff from other departments to identify and/or respond to emergency situations.
- Analyzes and evaluates ongoing programs to identify where adjustments or improvements can be made.
- Recommends modifications in policy to meet changing situations.
- Evaluates workloads, priorities, and activity schedules to determine staffing requirements.
- Participates in meetings with other institutions to coordinate plans and decisions.
- Supervises support operations for a school or university.
- Identifies, locates, and collects information to compile reports and/or make presentations.
- Participates in committee reviews.
- Drafts policies and procedures regarding use of facilities and resources.
- Conducts surveys of comparable universities to determine appropriateness of policies.
- Assists with the duties of the Associate Dean.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree and eight years of related managerial experience.
Executive & Managerial