Manage and maintain a portion of the comprehensive accounting system for the university, including the supervision of professional and/or support staff responsible for specific aspects of the system.
- Coordinates and administers the university’s capital asset accounting, which includes construction, retainage, debt, and equipment accounting; sponsored project accounting; and cost accounting systems.
- Prepares annual financial statements, supporting schedules and appendices.
- Performs month end and year end closing processes including overhead, settlement and depreciation.
- Provides accounting process and control, including Work Breakdown Structure
- Element (WBSE) creation for all plant funds and review and release of all WBSE’s, including sponsored projects.
- Designs, improves and manages the university’s asset management and project system components of the university’s financial software.
- Oversees payment of all construction invoices and reimbursement of expenditures by funding authorities and pays all debt service requirements.
- Oversees the review of new account requests, review and assessment of account change and closure requests, coordination of the account establishment process, review of requests for new sponsors and adding the appropriate data to the system
- Coordinates grant and contract management including federal financial compliance for costing, and effort reporting.
- Provides the Schedule of Federal Assistance (CFDA) report as required by Office of Management and Budget MB Circular A-133 and prepares portions of the university’s annual Integrated Postsecondary Education Data Systems (IPEDS) Summary Report.
- Assists in writing and updating fiscal policies concerning assets and sponsored projects.
- Provides university wide training for sponsored projects and equipment accounting.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of seven years experience in responsible management within accounting office.