Assistant Chief of Police
Provides day-to-day work direction to those employees working within the Police Department. Supervises employees and develops and maintains budgets. Ensures personnel are trained. Investigates and resolves employee problems. Hires, fires, disciplines, and evaluates employees.
- Manages police department.
- Maintains shift operations for different sections of the department.
- Reviews purchase and payroll records and authorize payments.
- Oversees the special events on campus and determines what needs are required.
- Meets with private and public companies to handle the needs for planning events.
- Handles employee disputes the shift supervisors cannot be resolved.
- Handles complaints against the Police Department and other university departments.
- Assigns cases to be investigated.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Must be able to certify as officer and qualify with firearm, plus ten years of experience.