Assistant Athletics Director
Assists the Athletic Director with the direction and administration of an athletics program including budgeting, hiring, planning, monitoring, development and staffing; may have responsibility for a specific area within an athletics program.
- Plans, administers, and directs intercollegiate athletic activities in college or university: Interprets and participates in formulating extramural athletic policies.
- Employs and discharges coaching staff and other department employees on own
- initiative or at direction of board in charge of athletics.
- Directs preparation and dissemination of publicity to promote athletic events.
- Plans and coordinates activities of coaching staff.
- Prepares budget and authorizes department expenditures.
- Plans and schedules sports events, and oversees ticket sales activities.
- Certifies reports of income produced from ticket sales.
- Provides assistance to the Athletic Director
- May direct programs for students of physical education.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree and 10 years athletic management experience.