Designs and draws facilities/structures. May supervise construction.
- Reviews and critiques proposals made by consultant architects for university expansion projects.
- Provides architectural assistance to university expansion programs by establishing basic programming for new buildings and renovations.
- Develops schematic studies, preliminary plans, working drawings, and specifications for minor buildings or renovations.
- Examines projects under construction and ensures the maintenance of sound architectural standards.
- Advises members of construction administration on architectural matters and assists the interior design staff with architectural or design problems.
- Monitors and examines expenditure of funds for established project budgets.
- Recommends various personnel actions, including but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Tennessee licensure, and five-six years experience.