Plans, implements, and directs all administrative and technical activities of a major department to include budget, personnel, strategic planning, and staffing. The major department may consist of one or more related or unrelated areas.
- Attends operational meetings related to administrative staff.
- Attends meetings as representative of department head and interacts with university administration to ensure activities are in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports for management’s review.
- Works independently on projects related to administrative areas of responsibility.
- Develops and implements plans, goals, and objectives that are consistent with university objectives, under administrator’s supervision.
- Interprets, adapts, and communicates policies/procedures established at higher management levels to departmental staff.
- Performs manpower planning and staffing needs assessment.
- Develops and implements a fiscal program based on long range plans and forecasts of needs and costs.
- Authorizes, approves, and signs purchase and equipment requisitions, travel and entertainment expenses.
- Analyzes requisitions for conformance to budget and compliance with specific requirements and restrictions.
- Supervises the preparing of annual operating budget for director’s approval.
- Recommends distribution and allocation of general department resources.
- Formulates and administers policies and procedures for management.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree with seven years related managerial experience.
Executive & Managerial