Accounting Supervisor II
Supervises, coordinates, and participates in financial and accounting activities such as grant and contract reporting, budget preparation, cashiering, or payroll.
- Supervises the maintenance of accounting, financial, and payroll activities according to established practices and procedures; provides support for a university department or unit.
- Performs accounting duties and support for a university department or unit.
- Performed work is semi-routine or diversified under established policies in the performance of the majority of duties.
- Assists supervisor in establishing policies and procedures for office operations.
- Familiarizes center personnel with procedures. Assists center personnel to achieve and maintain standards.
- Employee must use good judgment to apply broader aspects of established policies and procedures to problems not falling clearly within the limitations of accepted practices. Important questions outside the normal policies and procedures are referred to the supervisor.
- Supervises up to five employees.
- Posts to journals, ledgers, or unit records using standardized routines or system- wide electronic system.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and four-five years accounting experience. Two years experience equates to one year of post-high school education.