Accounting Specialist II
Coordinates and participates in financial and accounting activities such as grant and contract reporting, budget preparation, cashiering, or payroll.
- Performs diversified tasks in the maintenance of accounting, financial, and payroll activities such as grant and contract reporting and budget preparation.
- Makes decisions when general instructions, established methods, and clearly defined precedents indicate action to be taken. Important questions outside the normal policies and procedures are referred to the supervisor. Provides information and interprets policies and procedures. Issues instructions on behalf of executive.
- Advises on budgetary and financial activities.
- Monitors departmental budget and grant accounts; prepares budgetary and financial reports; prepares statistical reports; makes projections and recommendations regarding future balances.
- Edits and reviews travel, personnel and payroll records; verifies deposits.
- Posts to journals, ledgers, or unit records using standardized routines or system-wide electronic system.
- May supervise designated personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and four-five years accounting experience. Two years of experience equates to one year of post-high school education.