Accounting Specialist I
Participates in the maintenance of accounting, financial, and payroll records.
- Performs diversified tasks in the maintenance of accounting, financial, and payroll records according to established practices and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and maintains departmental accounting operations.
- Makes decisions that fall under established practices and procedures. Important questions outside the normal policies and procedures are referred to the supervisor.
- Assists in planning, development, and scheduling of budget work programs; drafts forms; completes data; and determines, provides, and coordinates the compiling of budgetary and related financial information.
- Composes correspondence and answers inquiries regarding financial matters.
- Posts to journals, ledgers, or unit records using standardized routines or system-wide electronic system.
- May supervise designated personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and three-four years accounting experience. Two years experience equates to one year of post-high school education.