Coordinates and performs complex daily activities and operations of an accounting, financial, or budget office; may supervise designated personnel.
- Performs semi-routine accounting activities under established practices and procedures. May include grant and contract reporting and budget preparation. Considerable judgment is required in the development of approaches and techniques for solving problems. Refers unusual problems to supervisors.
- Develops, implements, and maintains department operating, functional and fiscal procedures. Provides instructions on behalf of the dean, director, or department head.
- May supervise designated personnel: provides training and technical guidance to staff.
- Posts to journals, ledgers, or unit records using standardized routines or system- wide electronic system.
- Compiles and prepares reports; performs records management.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school diploma with six-seven years accounting experience. Two years of experience equates to one year of post-high school education.